Rhinoplasty surgery or nose job is a surgical procedure that helps to change the shape of the nose or improve its functioning ability like rectifying breathing problems. However, most of the people undergo a Rhinoplasty procedure to achieve cosmetic requirements like changing the nose’s shape or appearance. If you have decided to undergo a nose operation, then it is essential to get an appointment with the surgeon and discuss the downtime involved in this procedure. Usually, most cosmetic surgeons say that the first two weeks of the recovery period is the most critical one, and then things become easy after that. The extent of recovery period usually differs from person to person.
- The first week after Rhinoplasty– The first week after undergoing the Rhinoplasty, surgery is usually the most challenging. Your nose will have sutures that will be covered up with casts. For the immediate next few days, you might find some liquid running out your nose that can turn into hard crust if left untreated. So the surgeons recommend their patients to keep the incision lines and nostrils clean. During this time, breathing with the nose will become difficult. Significant swelling and bruising may also be noticed at this stage. The surgeons usually provide an antibiotic ointment that is to be applied to the incisions. Patients can take a shower during the first week only if they are careful enough. After seven to eight days the cast and the stitches are removed from the nose, but the swelling persists.
- The first month after Rhinoplasty– When it is about a month of Rhinoplasty surgery recovery, most of the patients usually feel much better. However, the nose swelling may persist, and the initial results will be slightly visible. By this time, most of the patients will be able to wear specs or even sunglasses and can resume medium physical activities. But the patients must stay extra careful in this period and start with light exercises like yoga. If you are weight-lifting, then make sure that you do not lift a weight that is more than 10 pounds for the first month.
- Second and third month- As months pass by; you will start noticing more refined Rhinoplasty surgery results as the swelling gradually decreases. At this stage, the patients have reached halfway to healing, and they can resume their normal activities except resuming sports.
- One year of Rhinoplasty recovery time– After a year, your nose is most probably changing, and you can start achieving the desired appearance. At this stage, the internal swelling persists while the external swelling disappears completely. The internal swelling may take up to two years to recover completely. Even though it’s been a year and the patient is still recovering, but they must not avoid visiting the surgeon’s clinic for follow-up checkups.
Why Choose Us?
Dr Sagar Gundewar, the founder of Artius clinic, understands taking the right decision at the right time. Still, it is vital for the patients to feel confident about the choice they have made about undergoing a nose operation.
So following are the factors that must be kept in mind when selecting an exemplary cosmetic surgeon-
- Training– It is essential to know if the cosmetic surgeon you have chosen has received proper training and is still keeping themselves updated by attending several sessions and conferences.
- Years of experience– Dr Sagar Gundewar holds more than ten years of experience in this field and is considered as one of the best cosmetic surgeons in Mumbai. He holds his expertise in hair transplant, Rhinoplasty, Abdominoplasty, Breast surgery and a lot more. He is also skilled in some of the reconstructive surgeries as well. Dr Sagar Gundewar is motivated in performing the best plastic surgical procedures to make a difference in people’s lives and bring some positive changes in their life.
- Staff– The Artius clinic selects the surgeon and staff based on their skill and experience. They make sure that the patients feel comfortable and ensure their safety before and after undergoing a procedure. The team present in the clinic are genuinely caring, and they enjoy their job.
- Quality– Artius clinic believes in class which is the reason that the clinic is updated with all the latest equipment and utilizes the latest technologies to perform any procedure.