What Is The Arm Surgery Called?
An arm lift is a cosmetic surgery used to tighten the loose and saggy skin and smooth out the tissues. It eliminates and tucks in the extra skin. Two of the most significant factors in saggy arms with loose skin are genetics and ageing. Another significant factor is the loose skin left after a drastic weight loss. Therefore, arm surgery or Brachioplasty would be quite beneficial for your body contouring.
You might also wonder, “what are the arm lift surgery benefits?”. A few pros about Brachioplasty include removal of loose skin, better body contours, hidden scars, better results from workouts, among many.
If you have recently gone through a drastic weight loss, then firstly, bravo to you. But you might have loose skin around your arm. In that case, an arm lift surgery would work wonders with you. One of the most common enquiries healthcare providers often get, “What is arm surgery called?”. In medical terms, it is known as Brachioplasty.
Pre-procedure Instructions For Arm Lift Surgery
After an introductory consultation, you might want to adhere to a few instructions for the surgery, as provided below:
- If you are a smoker, you might want to quit the habit two months before the surgery as it poses a risk for complications like slow recovery and higher chances of infection.
- Provide the surgeon with your complete medical history and any prescribed medications you might be consuming before the surgery. It will help the surgeon determine if you are the right candidate for the procedure.
- Ask the doctor any queries regarding the procedure and its recovery to clear up any misconceptions.
- Follow the lab prescriptions and go for the tests prescribed by the surgeon, including a chest X-Ray, an electrocardiogram, etc.
- Strictly adhere to the pre-procedure medication prescription.
- The surgeon might also make a few adjustments in your medication dosage.
- The consultation and lab work would help the doctor determine the best method for the procedure.
- Also, avoid consuming any anti-inflammatory medications two weeks before the procedure.
Follow these instructions carefully to achieve the most effective outcomes. If you have any doubts regarding the pre-procedure instructions, then consult with your doctor.
The first step performed by the surgeon on the day of the procedure is marking the areas where they are going to make incisions. Several methods of the procedure include incision on the underside of the arm, incision on the armpit or an incision from the top of the elbow to the armpit. After that, the surgeon would administer local or general anaesthesia. Then the surgeon will reshape your arm with the help of markings. Finally, the surgeon might combine the procedure with liposuction to remove any excess fat.
After that, the cuts will be closed with the help of stitches. The duration of the procedure is around 3 hours, varying from patient to patient.
Here are a few crucial things you might want to know about the recovery process:
- You might want to avoid smoking, as it might hamper the healing process. It can also raise the risk of infections and scarring.
- A tube might be inserted into your arm to drain the blood and other fluids accumulated inside the wounds.
- It will take around six weeks to return to your daily routine.
- Follow the instructions provided by the post-op care team very carefully.
- One of the crucial things you should remember is instructing the doctor about any issues or pain you might be facing.
- Take the prescribed medicines regularly and in the prescribed dosage.
Following these instructions would help you with faster recovery and the desired results. But, again, please consult with the doctor if you face any issues after the surgery.
Why Choose Artius?
At Artius, we have an excellent infrastructure along with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities to provide you with the most successful and effective cosmetic treatments possible. Under the guidance of Dr. Sagar Gundewar and Dr. Komal Gundewar, we have provided our patients with an arm lift and other cosmetic surgeries based on the experience of more than 10 years in the field. So, if you have any queries like “What is arm lift surgery?” or would like to have a consultation, come over to Artius clinic or book an appointment online.