If you are experiencing extreme baldness and hair thinning then undergoing a hair transplant procedure is probably the best option. But there are quite different types and techniques for a hair transplant that you will come across while digging in.
Now trying to choose one best method out of them might be a challenging task as each of these procedures have their own set of pros and cons. You must decide wisely on what kind of technique you want to be used on you for hair transplantation because incorrect decisions may cost you adversely.
Now, to talk about the different kinds of hair transplant, there are several ways as already mentioned, but, the two most commonly performed hair restoration methods are FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) and FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation). The latest and most effective technique that has been developed in recent years is the FUE procedure which is often called the gold standard of hair transplant.
Here, in this article, we will principally discuss the FUE hair transplant procedure, and FUE treatment is different from the other techniques.
How is FUE different from FUT?
FUE hair transplant procedure is much of a detailed process. It involves the extraction of individual hair follicles from the scalp or the donor site and then individually grafting into the balding area. Hence, it leaves no visible scars and guarantees natural-looking results.
Considering the most recent and widely used hair transplant methods nowadays, there are mainly two methods that shine bright among the rest- FUE and FUT. These two methods are most similar when it comes to implantation of the hair follicles and results. But they differ in the process of extracting the hair follicles.
In FUE hair transplant, grafts are extracted individually by using a least invasive procedure, which takes anywhere between 1-4 hours by the surgeon.
However, in FUT, which is also known as strip harvesting method, a strip of hair follicles is removed surgically from the back of the head and then prepared for the implantation process by dividing the piece of skin into single hair grafts. This kind of extraction process takes roughly 15-30 minutes. Then a specialised team of highly qualified doctors will work in correspondence to each other, using all the high-end equipment and tools required along with stereo microscopes to prepare those grafts and ensure that they are in the best possible condition till implantation.
Why is FUE better than FUT?
Although both of these techniques are equally advantageous and provide almost the benefits, still the FUE hair transplant procedure is more favourably preferred than FUT. Following are the reasons why-
- Short downtime– Since FUE is the least invasive procedure, so people undergoing the process usually experience a very short downtime. This means they can join their daily activities just within a few days of undergoing the procedure.
- No visible scar-In the FUE hair transplant procedure, grafts are extracted individually using a minimally invasive procedure; hence there are barely any chances of visible scarring due to extraction. Whereas, in the FUT procedure, a patient might display a horizontal scar ranging from ear to ear at the back of the head due to its strip harvesting nature.
- FUE is better for the smaller transplants-In case of minor hair losses; FUE hair transplant is always a better option in comparison to FUT.
- No postoperative discomfort-Due to its less intrusive nature, it is far less painful and causes a lesser amount of discomfort than FUT during the recovery period.
- A more versatile process-FUT doesn’t allow removal of a strip of the scalp that has loose skin. However, in the case of FUE, it works on both loose and tight skin. The only disadvantage that FUE has over FUT is it is a much more time-consuming procedure.
Why Choose Us?
Being at the epitome of specialisation in the field of hair restoration procedures in Mumbai, we make sure that there is absolute patient satisfaction. Our Artius clinic utilises some of the latest technology and equipment to ensure the safest and pain-free procedure.
The head of our medical team, Dr Sagar Gundewar, has ten years of experience of performing numerous hair restoration procedures. He, along with his medical team, ensures a 100% guarantee of success and the most natural-looking results.