Man boobs or Gynecomastia might seem like a joke, but nearly 30 per cent of the men end up developing this condition before the age of 70. Many young also experience variations during puberty as a result of hormonal fluctuation or fat accumulation. But not all situations are Gynecomastia. Wondering how to know about Gynecomastia and its treatment procedure?
In general Gynecomastia during puberty is common and this is a temporary problem that resolves with time. But other men who develop Gynecomastia later in life as a result of hormone imbalance or lifestyle changes can undergo Gynecomastia surgery to accomplish the most desired breast condition. But before experiencing this surgical procedure, it is essential to cast a little light on the facts about Gynecomastia.
- Hormones play a significant role in Gynecomastia and not fat:-Often people possess a wrong concept about Gynecomastia. They believe that the enlargement of the male breast tissues is a result of overweight. Even though some amount of excess fatty tissues can give rise to this condition (called pseudo Gynecomastia). But Gynecomastia involves the development of the breast tissues in response to a decrease in the testosterone level and increase in the estrogen level in a man’s body.
- Chest exercise will not reduce man boobs:-Since Gynecomastia involves the enlargement of the male breast tissues and not associated with fat accumulation, so chest exercise will not help to resolve this condition. In some cases, it can even worsen the situation. However, targeting chest muscle to achieve an excellent muscle tone is healthy.
- Gynecomastia cannot be inherited:-Even though obesity and overweight can be inherited, but genetics alone do not play any role in male breast development. There must be several other factors that trigger the breast enlargement process such as age, obesity, hormones and even drug abuse. So before deciding to undergo a surgical procedure, it is essential to consult with your surgeon and get a clear idea about Gynecomastia causes.
- Gynecomastia cannot be cured with drugs and topical creams:-Since Gynecomastia involves the accumulation of epithelial tissues and fats, so neither drugs nor topical creams can cure this condition. The extra glandular fatty tissues are removed through tissue excision process while the excess fatty tissues are removed through liposuction. If you are wondering how to know about Gynecomastia surgery, then you must consult with an experienced cosmetic surgeon.
- Breast enlargement is an early sign of Gynecomastia:-The truth is that breast cancer among men is sporadic, and breast development alone does not indicate the possibility of cancer. Generally, Gynecomastia does not pose any severe health issues, but it can create a significant impact on their confidence and mental health. However, in case men find any discharge from the nipple area, then it is essential to contact a surgeon.
- Not all doctors can perform Gynecomastia surgery:-Many people think that any doctor can perform Gynecomastia surgery. But the fact is, like all procedures, it is imperative to find one specialist surgeon who holds a previous experience of delivering a successful Gynecomastia surgery. This is because this surgery requires a doctor who is not only adept in this field but can also provide the best advice to their patients.
- Once cured, Gynecomastia will never relapse:-Many people do not have a clear concept about Gynecomastia and not aware of the surgical procedure that it involves. As a result, they keep suffering from this condition silently and end up losing confidence thinking that Gynecomastia cannot be cured. But Gynecomastia surgery is the most effective treatment to get rid of this condition. But it is essential to maintain a healthy lifestyle to maintain the result accomplished.
Why Choose Us?
Dr. Sagar Gundewar- one of the best hair specialist and cosmetic surgeon in Mumbai, is also the founder of the Artius Clinic. He is an Indian board-certified surgeon who holds several years of experience in the field of cosmetic surgery and Hair Transplant. The best part is that he realises the importance of the decisions that his patients seek to opt for any treatment procedure and listens to their problems minutely. Artius is a non-profit medical institute, but it is equipped with all the latest equipment and technology to ensure the best treatment to everyone at the most affordable price.