Hair transplant surgery is a cosmetic procedure performed by a surgeon. The process involves relocating individual hair follicles from the donor area to the recipient area. Most of these procedures are performed on an outpatient basis under local anaesthesia so that patients can return home on the same day without experiencing any significant discomfort.
The two main hair transplant techniques are:
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) involves removing a strip of hair follicles from a healthy donor site and then implanting segregated follicular units to the affected or balding region.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) the process that involves removing and implanting individual hair follicles. It is an advanced yet least invasive procedure that involves a brief recovery period.
There are various things to consider before a hair transplant surgery. Instead of getting confused with the many choices presented to you, you may consider giving a thought to the ‘seven things to consider before hair transplant surgery’ listed below.
- Selection of the clinic: Choosing the right clinic is one of the vital things to consider before a hair transplant surgery. You may make a list of clinics that cater to your needs and then shortlist them according to the location and preference. You may call and enquire, book an appointment, and meet the doctor to take the final call.
- Research the doctor: The doctor’s credentials are essential things to consider before a hair transplant surgery. Research and get complete information about the surgeon’s qualification, training, and experience to understand if the professional is an eligible and reliable doctor to undergo a hair transplant procedure.
- The past cases and reviews: We are in an era where paid advertising and marketing play a huge role in defining a business’s popularity. It would be best if you study the past cases and look for authentic reviews from patients. You may start by checking the clinic’s official website before hair transplant surgery to get the correct information about the clinic, previous patients’ feedback, and the patients’ before-after images.
- Affordability: Cost is another crucial thing to consider before a hair transplant. There are clinics in the market that offer transplant procedures at a lower cost, and on the other hand, some clinics claim to perform excellent procedures and charge a lump sum. There is no doubt that the cost should be one of the factors that need to be considered, but it is essential to assess the procedure’s quality.
- Availability of medical tourism facilities for patients: Patients who want to undergo hair transplant surgery in India should know that very few clinics provide medical tourism facilities. A medical-tourism facility is an option for out-of-station patients who are not residents of the same city as the clinic. It helps such patients with accommodation, city tour, travelling, and surgery.
- Research more about the surgery: Different techniques are used to transplant hair. Before hair transplant surgery, one should get a complete idea about the different techniques and understand which technique best suits them. Qualified and trained surgeons offer the best hair transplant treatment plan after carefully assessing their patient’s conditions and requirements.
- Post-surgical check-ups: To ensure that you do not experience any severe side effects, you may need to have a follow-up consultation with your surgeon before hair transplant surgery. Regular check-ups or follow-up sessions after hair transplant surgery is advised to make sure that you go through a safe recovery period. It would be best to verify if the clinic you have selected offers pre and post-surgical check-ups. It is undoubtedly one of the vital things to consider before a hair transplant surgery.
As much as consulting with your surgeon after the surgery is essential to keep your health in check, you must also disclose any medical condition that may alter the surgery results.
Why choose us?
Artius Clinic is a highly recommended hair transplant clinic. Here are a few benefits we offer-
- Qualification: Here, Dr Sagar Gundewar is a qualified and trained professional who has performed thousands of successful hair restoration/transplant procedures.
- Years of experience: Dr Gundewar is a board-certified surgeon and has over ten years and a brilliant track record.
- Comfort: The entire procedure from consultation to restoration may take quite some time you may need to spend at the hospital. Our professionals’ ease of communication, dedication, and care would surely make your experience a good one.
- Affordability: We provide the best treatments at an affordable cost. We aim to provide the best care to all our patients, which helps us deliver a successful result each time.
We understand the need for guidance and hence are available to help you with all the information you need to make a life-changing decision.